As an add-on to a treatment $20.00
Individual session $30.00
Parent & Child – 2 people $50.00
3 people $60.00
4 people $70.00
1. What is Dry Salt Therapy?
Dry salt therapy, or halotherapy, is a holistic, drug free, natural therapy using micro particles of salt to promote better breathing, healthier skin, sounder sleep, improved physical fitness and endurance and overall wellness. Dry salt therapy also helps to alleviate symptoms of many respiratory and skin conditions.
2. How does it work?
Salt has the following properties:
- Mucolytic effects: loosens excessive mucus and speeds up mucociliary transport
- Removes pathogen agents (airborne pollen)
- Reduces IgE level (immune system over-sensitivity)
The salt is grounded into tiny micro particles by our state-of-the-art halogenerator and then dispersed into the salt room. While relaxing in the salt room, you inhale the dry, salt-enriched air deep down into the lungs, where the healing benefits have their greatest benefit. The salt widens the airways and loosens the mucus, which begins to clear quickly, and inflammation is reduced, which makes more room in the airways for you to breathe. Symptoms subside, sometimes for up to 12 months. The non-inhaled particles landing on the skin help to balance pH and induce the reparative and regenerative processes in the skin, increasing rigidity and stimulating cell growth and micro-circulation.
Salt rooms generate negative ions, which help to counterbalance the influx of positive ions from the many electronic devices we use every day. This improves your overall mental and emotional health, helping you to relax and de-stress.
3. What should I expect to experience in a Salt Room?
Our spacious salt room allows for dry salt therapy to be experienced alone or in a group up to 4.
- Negative ions counterbalance the many positive ions we pick up from electronic devices like cell phones, tablets, etc. Neutralizing the atmosphere in this way stabilizes mood, decreases stress and prepares the body for ultimate healing.
A salt room session last 25 minutes and requires no more than breathing deeply. Micro particles of salt are dispersed into the room by the halogenerator while you relax, read, listen to music, sleep or meditate. We have the room heated to 25 degrees to facilitate deep breathing.
4. What clothing should be worn in the salt room?
Comfortable clothing is recommended for the salt room. You may change into clothing that exposes areas of skin you would like the salt to reach (shorts, sleeveless shirts, skirts, etc). We recommend wearing a bathing suit to expose the skin if you have any skin conditions you want treated.
5. What are the side effects?
Since dry salt therapy is 100% natural and drug free, there are no negative side effects. After sessions, you may experience a slight cough, minor tightness in the chest or runny nose, but this is simply the salt doing its work to remove mucus and toxins from the lungs and airways.
6. How often should you come?
- Depending on age and stage of your condition, up to 20-30 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
- For irreversible conditions, two to three-month follow-up sessions are recommended to maintain the clear lungs.
In most patients, after a course of Dry Salt Therapy, airways become normal and symptoms disappear. The treatment’s efficacy is estimated at 75-98%. Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions, if they start to feel poorly, e.g. they are coming down with a cold.
7. Who can benefit from Salt Therapy?
Dry Salt therapy is like a toothbrush for your lungs and skin, EVERYONE can (and will) benefit. It is a (total) detox for the following conditions:
- Breathlessness and Chest Tightness
- Bronchial Infections
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Sleep Apnea
- Ear Infections
- Laryngitis (Pharyngitis,)
- Sore Throat, and Tonsillitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Hay Fever
- Sinus Inflammation
- Smoker’s Cough
- Helps fight against Skin Aging
- Dry and Flaky Skin
8. Salt Therapy can significantly help to:
- Reduce the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Make your breathing easier after just a few sessions
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your immune system
- Prolong remission times
9. Is salt therapy safe for children?
Yes. Dry Salt therapy is a completely drug-free treatment for children and adults. Children as young as 3 months have benefited greatly and respond quickly and effectively to Halotherapy. Children are more prone to respiratory problems because they pick up more viruses and their lungs are not fully developed until about the age of 9. In addition, the environment is filled with pollutants which children have a harder time keeping at bay.
10. Is salt therapy safe for pregnant women?
Yes. Dry Salt therapy is a great choice for women who do not want to rely heavily on over-the-counter or prescribed medication for sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and other respiratory illnesses. Pregnant women who have come to CINERGEE have experienced relief for their congestion and chronic respiratory problems. In addition, the ionized salt particles help boost their immune system.
11. Should I stop using my medication during salt therapy?
No. Dry Salt Therapy should be used as a complementary treatment. People who come to CINERGEE often find that they can reduce their dependence on certain medications and that their episodes are not as frequent or severe. However, you should always follow your doctor’s advice and your prescribed medication regimen.