7 in stock
The Himalayan mountain range stretches across Asia passing through China, Nepal, Myanmar, Pakistan, Bhutan, Afghanistan, and India. Most people associate the Himalayans with Mount Everest, the highest peak on this planet, but here is something new to think about salt.
A couple of hundreds of millions of years ago crystallized sea salt, now deep within the Himalayans, were covered by lava, snow and ice, that kept it a pristine environment and protected the salt from modern-day pollution. Thus, Himalayan Pink salt is the purest salt to be found on earth. It is now hand-mined from the mountains and brought to the culinary market.
Himalayan salt was formed naturally from hearty 80+ minerals and elements – 85.62% sodium chloride and 14.38% other trace minerals including: sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride (in descending order of quantity).
Because of these minerals Himalayan pink salt can:
- Create an electrolyte balance
- Increases hydration
- Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
- Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
- Prevent muscle cramping
- Aid in proper metabolism functioning
- Strengthen bones
- Lower blood pressure
- Help the intestines absorb nutrients
- Prevent goiters
- Improve circulation
- Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
It is even said to support libido, reduce the signs of aging, and detoxify the body from heavy metals.
The Many Uses of Pink Salt
Cooking and curing – use pre-ground salt or grinders like any other salt. The health benefits of himalayan salt include:
- Supporting thyroid and adrenal function
- Aiding in overall hormone balance for men and women
- Supports a healthy and fiery metabolism
- Contains 84 trace minerals vital for wellbeing
- Is required to make adequate stomach acid
Himalayan salt should be freely enjoyed. Salt your food to taste, and maybe a little more!
Best of all, Himalayan salt is naturally anti-microbial, so clean up requires just a quick scrub or rinse. Decoration– use the salts in containers, as décor crystals and sprinkled on food for presentation.
Himalayan Salt Detox Bath – throw in the tub for a detoxifying Himalayan salt bath. The replenishing nutrients stimulate circulation and soothe sore muscles. Naturally rich in 80+ nourishing and skin-replenishing minerals, bathing with pink bath salt is a healing and therapeutic experience for mind and body. A salt bath helps draw out toxins, deep cleanses the skin, and helps cleanse the body energetically. For the most powerful detox result, make a himalayan salt “brine” for the bath: use 1-2 pounds of himalayan salt dissolved in a warm bath.
Salt Inhalers that use Himalayan Salt are an alternative natural way to steroid Asthma inhalers. When the salty air is inhaled, salt particles travel through the entire respiratory system. The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties purify and detox the lungs and sinuses. Studies show that salt therapy is widely effective for:
- Reducing asthma (many users report no longer needing their rescue inhaler)
- Reducing seasonal allergies by cleansing the sinuses
- Coughs and chest congestion
- Improving the respiratory systems of smokers and snorers
- Improving lung function in individuals with cystic fibrosis.
Neti Pots with Himalayan Salt help flush your sinuses with warm salt water… oh boy, doesn’t that sound appealing? Ick factor aside, nasal irrigation with a neti pot cleanses and purifies the sinuses.
The benefits of using a neti pot includes:
- Reducing or eliminating seasonal allergies
- Preventing or alleviating a sinus infection
- Clearing postnasal drip.
Instant Migraine Relief with Himalayan Crystal Salt
In a glass mix a high concentration of Himalayan crystal salt (2 teaspoons) with cup of lemon juice, together with the lemon zest (use organic lemons) and cup of water. You will feel instant migraine relief.
The Ultimate Sleep Solution
This simple, 2 ingredient solution is your key to getting a great night’s sleep. It will help your body relax and regroup from the day and prepare itself for the next morning.
All you need is:
- 5 teaspoons of organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
Mix these two ingredients together and store it in a glass jar. You can make as much or as little as you want, but a 5:1 ratio works the best. Just put a little bit of this mixture under your tongue every night before you go to sleep and let it dissolve naturally.
Himalayan salt is available in the 100gm jar or in bulk