Green clay, the green « montmorillonite » clay from France which belongs to the Smectites group. It is a soft rock which is very rich in minerals and trace elements.
Very clear green « montmorillonite » has the strongest adsorbative power compared to other types of clays, and it also has absorbative power.
- Adsorbative property: means in this context that clays of this type can process an exchange of minerals against toxins.
- Absorbative property: means in this context that clays of this type can sponge off liquids, which in the human body results in an efficient capture of toxins to purify the digestive system.
Such green clay can relieve pain and inflammation. It is antiseptic, antibacterial and healing.The properties of green clays result from its main components: sodium, calcium, magnesium, aluminium oxide, silica, potassium, sulphur, iron, arsenic, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
All these components play a specific role in a nature context, in particular silica (which is more than 50% a constituent of green clay) combined with the other components plays a key role within living organisms :
- For plants, silica mineralizes membranes which give stalks their stiffness. Silica exists in large quantities within Equisetum arvense (horsetail), well known as to herbal medicine purposes for its mineralization properties.
- For human kind, silica contributes to fix calcium, to assimilate potassium and to increase the arteries elasticity. Silica mineralizes bones and contributes to cure bones fractures. Silica operates in combination with magnesium, calcium and antirachitic vitamin.
- Silica has a protective action for our cells; its role is key at any age, in particular for the elderly, to prevent decalcification and bones illness.
- Silica is the main component of connectivum, hair, nails and epidermam cells.
- On skin,it can be used in mudpacks for better and quicker healing ; its efficiency is noticeable for greasy or combination skins, but also for scars, eczema, acne, burned skins, dermites and mycoses…
- It stimulates the generation of new skin cells.
- In case of abscess, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, it should be used as a poultice.
- Used within the human body, it has a revitalizing and disinfecting effect for the digestive tract, it relieves gastroenteritis, absorbs intestinal gas and toxins present in the digestive tract, and prevents decalcification since that a part of its minerals is absorbed by the intestine.
Green montmorillonite is also remarkable in that it absorbs radioactivity and heavy metals, all toxic for the human body.
Recommendations for use:
- On skin: to prepare a poultice ; mix green clay with cold water with a wooden spoon, so to get an homogeneous past rather concentrated. One can replace water by an hydrosol adapted to every type of skin.
- Do not apply clay on your stomach during digesting period.
- Do not use metal utensils to prepare your mixture with clay.
- When under a treatment period (absorbing clay), it is highly recommended, to drink between the meals, for avoiding a constipation effect, to avoid absorbing fatty substances and do not use liquid paraffin.
Do not drink any water with clay when :
- You are pregnant
- You suffer from hernia
- You suffer from high blood pressure
- You suffer from constipation or intestinal obstruction
- If you are currently taking medicines, including herbal drugs (clay could reduced the efficiency of such medecines).
- you are a child