For Fast and Efficient Waxing in Launceston
We select our wax because of their superior hair removal qualities, their gentle action on your skin, and because they are suitable for summer and winter seasons. Not all waxes are the same during the warm and cooler months, so because we want to guarantee you the same results all year round, we use only the finest waxes from around the world.
Delicate and sensitive areas of the face and body include an application of hair retardant – post depilatory gel. Eyebrow shaping is done using tweezers only. Waxing this area continuously can lead to premature ageing of the skin, crepiness and sagging. Of course, waxing can be arranged if you prefer and are not concerned about the ageing process. As a standard, facial waxing is only performed using a hot wax for sensitive skin. There is no strip facial waxing used here.
You will notice our wax pots always look new and immaculately clean, our bed protectors are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between each use (we care for our environment so we do not use plastic backed sheeting or disposable sheets) and biodegradable individual head sheets are used to guarantee the highest level of hygiene and care has been taken.
P.S. We will not only guarantee you the finest waxes, but we will never do what is known as speed waxing, a process that does not adequately support the skin or limit the after-shock, it also has a tendency to break the hair rather than pull the hair out adequately by the root. If you experience bristly hair and lots of in-growns after waxing then you more than likely have experienced this type of waxing.
Keep scrolling down for pre: and after care recommendations for your service.
|Lip & Chin
|Brow & Lip
|Sides of face
|Arms – full
|Arms – half
|Full leg (incl. stand bikini)
|Standard bikini (pant line)
|Back & Shoulders
|Chest & Stomach
|Full Leg (male)
Your Waxing Experience
At Cinergee we want you to have the most professional and relaxing experience while having a wax, use the following as a guide to help you get the best from your service
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
- Do exfoliate the skin right before waxing
- Do let your wax technician know if you are taking any medication that can affect your waxing results, such as blood thinners, Retin-A or Acutane (or similar products)
- If you are using topical acne or skin lighting products, DO stop using the product a week before your waxing service if you are going to wax that area
- If you find waxing painful or uncomfortable (i.e., areas such as brazillians) then DO take pain relief medication prior as it helps
- Do wear breathable clothing such as cotton and loose fitting clothes.
- Do take a warm shower before waxing. This will help to open the pores for easy hair removal.
- Do relax during your waxing service, because tense muscles make the area more sensitive. Remember to breathe!
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeinated drinks a few hours before your waxing service, doing this will only make the skin more sensitive.
- Do not apply ice to the area before waxing, this will only tighten your pores and make the process more painful
- Do not shave in between waxing sessions. Doing this will only make your next waxing service more painful. The hair will also be thicker; furthermore, you will not get that clean feel after wax.
- Do not apply any moisturisers or body oils to the skin on the day of your service
- Do not sunbath or tan 24 hours before your waxing service and if you have been sunburnt give your skin at least 7-14 days to heal
- Allow noticeable growth at least 1/2 a cm is required to successfully remove the hair. If it is your first time and you have been shaving, you will notice a small amount of regrowth a week or so after your service. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results and remove that prickly feeling after shaving
- If you are under 18 we require written parental consent to complete your service
DURING YOUR SESSION
- If you are new to Cinergee, arrive to your appointment 5-10 minutes earlier to fill out our consultation form and relax before your service
- Define with your therapist your specific waxing needs
- Do enquire with your therapist if waxing is the best choice for your particular needs, as we have other choices for hair removal
- When your service has been completed, please check over the area to make sure you are satisfied
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- Discuss with your therapist all necessary after care products to obtain a smooth, long lasting wax
- Skin may appear red and blotchy after your service, this is normal
- In areas of strong virgin hair (i.e., bikini line/brazillian) blood spotting may occure and is normal
- Avoid sweating
- Ingrown hair treatment is available
- Avoid tight trousers, tights and stockings as this will increase the risk of ingrown hair
- DO NOT loofah or exfoliate until your next wax, this is the most important thing you can do to prevent ingrown hair
- Do exfoliate the day before and morning of your service
- After the initial 24 hour period……moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. Thinner hair needs softer skin to push through.
- The follicles are opened slightly for approx 24 hours, so make sure the area stays clean (no touching or scratching with dirty hands)
NEXT 24 HOURS AFTER SERVICE………
- Do not have any hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm only)
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans)
- No sport, gym work or other exercise
- No swimming in chlorinated pools
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area other than those recommended by your therapist
- No gardening
- No make-up in area of treatment
TIP: Having regular 4 – 6 weekly treatments reduces any sensitivity. Throw the loofah away as it will cause the skin to thicken leading to ingrown hairs, instead moisturise daily. The day of your treatment please do not moisturise, but use an exfoliant to loosen hair for your service. To slow regrowth, we recommend you purchase a hair retardant (post depilatory gel).